Your privacy is important to Kanu Commercial Body Construction (Registration Number 2005/004019/07) (“Kanu” or “we”) as is your trust in Kanu’s products and services. We want you to know that the personal information (“the Information”) you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what information we collect and how we handle the Information shared with us. This Privacy Statement applies to information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with Kanu and its website(s), products and services. It does not apply to information we obtain in our capacity as an employer or as a buyer of goods or services.
As you interact with Kanu, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your Information. Additionally, we may collect certain Information about you or your vehicle or load body as further described below.
We also may obtain Information about you and your vehicle or load body from Kanu affiliates, dealerships, Kanu partners and other sources if such companies are permitted to share your Information with us pursuant to their privacy statements. We may combine Information that we receive from the various sources described in this Privacy Statement, including third-party sources, with Information you provide and use or share it for the purposes identified below.
The types of Information that Kanu collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, street address, email address and telephone number)
- payment information (such as bank details, financial information)
- information about your vehicle or load body (such as license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), load body identification number, make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease, the lease/financing term, service history, mileage, oil/battery status, fuel or charging history, electrical system function, gear status and diagnostic trouble codes)
- information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, applications and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data and associated identifying and usage information)
- demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status and household composition)
- marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase or lease; the vehicle or load body in which you are interested)
- photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes and social sharing
- incentive eligibility verification information
- Identity or passport number (collected in limited circumstances, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- Records of correspondence or enquiries from you or anyone acting on your behalf
The Information Kanu collects about you and your vehicle or load body may be used:
- to provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- to improve the quality, safety and security of our products and services
- to operate Kanu website
- to autofill data fields on our websites to improve your online experience
- to provide customer and vehicle or load body support and service (such as recall information)
- for warranty administration and validation
- for research, evaluation of use and troubleshooting purposes
- for marketing and analytics purposes
- to support the electronic signature and delivery process between you and your dealer
- to customise and improve communication content
- to comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
Communications with you regarding these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media and other electronic messages or via our websites and applications.
Kanu may share the Information it collects about you, your vehicle or load body in the following instances:
- within Kanu, the Isuzu Motors South Africa Group companies, dealers and with Kanu licensees as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers
- with our services providers or agents who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the Information to which they have access or that we disclose to them
- with our business partners for Kanu marketing activities, business partner marketing activities or both
- with third parties for research and development purposes
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request
- as required by law, such as in conjunction with a summons, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process.
Except as provided above, Kanu will not share Information about you, your vehicle or load body with other third parties for their independent use without your prior consent unless we are required to by law.
COOKIES / TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may place pixel tags and web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity, provide a better user experience, and tailor our marketing communications, we or our service providers or business partners may compile Information from the cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or other technologies on our websites. This Information may be combined with other Information collected online or offline about you, including Information provided by third party sources, and may be used or shared for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We may also allow third party advertising and personalization partners to use this Information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on Kanu websites and non-Kanu websites. This Information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you across your devices.
We do not currently honour “do no track” signals from a website browser. However, you may disable cookies on your browser at any time or require your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you disable cookies on your browser, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of our website may be impaired.
We maintain reasonable and adequate technical, administrative and physical security and confidentiality measures designed to help protect your Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. We also require by contract (other than in an emergency situations) that third party services providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your Information also undertake to provide such security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards. We can however not guarantee the security of Information provided to us or by us through our website, email, internet or social media and will not be responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of Information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
If you believe that the security of any Information that we hold about you has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the Contact Information section below.
PERIOD OF INFORMATION RETENTION
We may retain the Information we collect for as long as we reasonably consider necessary to provide products or services to you, to operate our business, to enable us to communicate with you, for our safety, research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. We will retain the Information for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims are not yet time-barred. The Information is securely disposed of, or in some cases anonymised, when it is no longer required to be held.
Kanu websites are designed and intended for users who are 18 years old or older and do not target or knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such Information from our records. Please refer to the Contact Information section below should you require us to delete any such Information.
INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS
Data hosting, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of services is provided by Isuzu Motors South Africa for controlled subsidiaries and affiliates.
Your Information is stored in South Africa.
We may also disclose your Information to our associated entities, affiliates and service providers which are located in other countries including but not limited to Japan and Thailand.
Other countries may not have the same levels of protection of Information as South Africa. We however take appropriate measures as required by applicable law for international information transfers, including implementing standard contractual clauses and other mechanisms to adequately protect such Information.
ACCESS AND UPDATE
We will confirm whether we hold your Information free of charge. Prescribed fees apply should you require details of the Information which we hold about you or require a copy of the record of Information. Please review our PAIA Manual for more information in this regard or contact us, as provided below, to learn about how to access, review, correct, update or delete your Information in our records.
To maintain the integrity and accuracy of your Information, please also inform us if our records appear to be incorrect or if your Information has changed and we will update or correct our records accordingly.
RIGHT TO DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED OR MAINTAINED
We will delete or destroy the Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may for example need to retain certain Information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. In our response to your request to delete or destroy, we will specify the way we have deleted or destroyed your Information or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us utilising the Contact Information provided further below.
AUTHORIZING AN AGENT
You may designate an authorised agent to submit your request on your behalf, so long as the authorised agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may review and amend this Privacy Statement from time to time as our business and products or services change or expand, as required by law or for other purposes that Kanu consider reasonably necessary. We will publish the amended version of the Privacy Statement on our website and it will be effective from the date of posting (the revision date is recorded at the bottom of this page). Your use of the Kanu website is subject to the terms in the version of the Privacy Statement that is posted on the Kanu website at the time of your visit. We encourage you to check our website regularly to see if any recent changes to this Privacy Statement have occurred to remain informed about how we process your Information. By continuing to use our website, you are consenting to the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect, use, and share your Information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us by:
Calling us on +27 41 407 0501
- Sending us an email via the Contact Us page or directly to email@example.com
If you believe that Kanu has used your Information contrary to this Privacy Statement and applicable laws, and is dissatisfied with our response after contacting us, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below:
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
Postal Address: P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints Email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: 03 August 2021
*All information, specifications and illustrations are based on the latest product information available at the time of publication. Kanu Commercial Body Construction reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, in colours, material, equipment, specifications and models, and is not responsible for typographical errors. Such changes may affect vehicle or load body pricing and vehicle or load body content. Some vehicle or load body pictured may contain non-local market equipment. Some models may be shown with optional equipment. Further information can be obtained from Kanu. Prices shown are for models in standard trim.